This turned out surprisingly yummy and would be great with shrimp or chicken, too!
- 8 ounces uncooked lo mein noodles or spaghetti (I used gluten free spaghetti rice noodles)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 organic red bell pepper, julienned (or thinly chopped is fine, too)
- 1 organic carrot, julienned (or thinly chopped is fine, too)
- ½ cup organic peas
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- 3 T tamari sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine (or dry sherry)
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- In a small bowl, whisky together the tamari sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and white wine. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Add in red bell pepper, carrots, peas and broccoli. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the sauce and combine with veggies for about a minute.
- In a large bowl (or in the skillet if there’s room), add cooked noodles and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic.