I haven’t tried this yet but wanted to post it so I don’t forget about it! It’s a slow cooker recipe from my friend Carrie over at Goodfulness and I’m positive we’ll love it!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts uncooked boneless skinless
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic Tamari or coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons organic ketchup (no sugar)
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- Toppings: Sesame seeds, 4 sliced green onions, organic rice or caulirice for serving
- Grease your crockpot with a little coconut oil.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Pour half the sauce into crockpot.
- Place chicken into crockpot.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the chicken.
- Place the lid on and cook on LOW for 4 hours or HIGH for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and set aside.
- Whisk the arrow root powder into the sauce until well combined.
- Place chicken back into crockpot and cover.
- Cook for an additional 30 mins on HIGH (if you cooked on HIGH before) or 1 hour on HIGH (if you cooked on low before).
- Remove chicken, cut into chunks, then stir back into sauce.
- Serve with your choice of rice and additional toppings and enjoy!