Got this from my dear friend, Janie, who is continually helping me to stay healthy! This is a FODMAP friendly recipe, too. Delish!
- Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (I use the Costco organic)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Greese the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish (or whatever size you have!) with coconut oil. This will help the chicken not to stick.
- Place chicken in greesed baking dish. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, mustards, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken, making sure each piece is well covered (it will drip down the sides in the bottom of the dish, and that’s fine).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Serve chicken over quinoa and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Delicious As It Looks.