Thank the Lord for crockpots! It’s the little things. ;) This is a delicious recipe and very filling. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken breasts (I use the Costco frozen organic chicken)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or coconut sugar if you have it)
- 3 tablespoons Tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, juices reserved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple juice, chicken broth, maple syrup, Tamari sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and ginger (if desired).
- Pour pineapple liquid mixture over chicken in crockpot, then top with pineapple chunks and red bell pepper.
- Cover on low for 5-6 hours, or high for 2-3 hours until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Before serving, prepare quinoa according to package instructions.
- Serve chicken over quinoa, garnished with sesame seeds and parsley, if desired.