STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 jar organic enchilada sauce
- 2 tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 2 avocados, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. Scrub your sweet potatoes and pierce the skin a few times with a fork. Lightly rub each sweet potato with olive oil. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until they’re easily pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan and sauté until cooked through.
- Add the garlic and sauté until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, stir.
- Add the enchilada sauce and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven once they’re cooked through, cut open in the middle and stuff with the filling.
- Top with diced tomatoes and avocado if desired.
*Recipe adapted from LivingLovingPaleo