Another great crockpot meal that’s super yummy and easy! I really don’t like cutting the butternut squash, so my hubs takes care of that part. ;)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken breasts (I use the organic frozen chicken from Costco)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- In a small pan heat the olive oil, then saute chopped onion and garlic until lightly browned.
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add all other ingredients on top of chicken and cook on high for 3-4 hours or 7-8 hours on low.
- When finished cooking, take out chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks etc. Return shredded chicken to stew and stir to combine everything evenly.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.