I recently hosted a Valentine’s Day Party (which you’ll be able to see here). With myriads of options out there for Valentine’s Day decorations, I decided to go with something simple yet festive. With all of the other party planning to do’s on my checklist, simple = one less thing to worry about for the big party. This literally only took me about 20 minutes to make, so it’s a great “go to” if you’re in a time crunch. All you need to make my DIY Valentine’s Day garland is the following:
- 4 – 8 different Valentine’s print scrapbook paper (go get it at Hobby Lobby where scrapbook paper is 50% once a month!)
- Baker’s twine, or something similar (yarn or ribbon will do as well)
- Hole punch
And, here’s how to make them!
- First, print out my circle and heart templates (see below), cut them out and trace them multiple times onto your Valentine’s scrapbook paper. My garland has 8 circles with 8 hearts.
- Next, cut out your circles and hearts.
- Glue a heart on each of the circles.
- With your hole punch, punch two holes above the heart approximately 1/2″ apart.
- Then take your baker’s twine and weave it in an out of the hole punches in each of the circles.
- Depending on where you want to hang the garland, you can slide each circle into place to make it as long or as short as needed.
- Voila! An adorable Valentine’s Day garland that is super simple.
And I will delight myself in Your commandments, Which I love. | Psalm 119:47