I came across this recipe and adapted it for our eating style. It’s seriously delicious! And, I was elated when my dad, who is basically a potato salad eating aficionado, said he loved it, too. Potato salad for the win!
- 2 1/2 – 3 lbs baby red potatoes
- 3 T white vinegar
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 6 green onions, diced
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1½ cups avocado mayo or homemade mayo
- 1 T yellow mustard
- 1½ tsp celery seed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- paprika for garnish
- Bring potatoes to a boil in large pot of cold water that’s been liberally salted. Reduce the heat to medium high or a lightly rolling boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a pairing knife. Drain and let cool until just able to handle.
- Cut potatoes into large diced pieces (I leave the skins on mine, but you can choose to peel them first if so desired).
- Transfer the warm potatoes to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the white vinegar and stir. Allow the potatoes to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Add the celery and green onions to potatoes, then chop 4 of the hard boiled eggs and add to the potato mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Mix well into the potato mixture and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Slice the last egg into thin slices and place the slices on top of the salad.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight before serving.