This delicious (and WW friendly!) recipe is simple and soooo good! I made turkey bacon cheeseburgers (with Manchego… mmmm) to accompany these golden goodies.
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal – crushed until it’s fine crumbs (make sure it’s gf if you require that)
- 2 T gf bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp gf flour (self rising if you have it; if not, then just add a pinch of baking powder to the flour)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- Avocado oil spray (or cooking spray of choice)
- Preheat oven to 425•.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix rice cereal, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, flour, mustard & water until well combined. Set aside.
- Cut the onion into 1/4” – 1/2” thick slices from one end to the other. Press out all of the rings separating them into a bowl.
- Now take each ring and dredge in the egg mixture then drop each ring in the crumb mixture. Cover each side of each ring well with the crumb mixture. Lift out with a fork and place on baking sheet. Repeat with all rings.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes. Rotate rings and cook for additional 5-10 minutes until crispy on the outside.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes after cooking.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice and enjoy!