Since the #coronavirus pandemic is requiring we abide by a “stay at home” order, I’ve been cooking creatively, and cooking a lot more than usual! Tonight’s deliciousness was a unique invention as the hubs asked for Asian cuisine. Hope you enjoy!
- Noodles of choice (I used Shirataki noodles since they’re no carbs, but you could use regular spaghetti noodles, zucchini spirals, whatever you’d like!)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp garlic salt or powder
- 2 tsp onion salt or powder
- Avocado oil or coconut oil
- 3 carrots, finely chopped (use a cheese grater)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 green onion stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used Tamari since we’re gluten free, or you can sub coconut aminos)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews or peanuts
- Salt + pepper
- Cook noodles of choice however you like to cook them.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken into thin strips and season generously with salt + pepper, and then with the garlic salt + onion salt and grill on medium heat until cooked through and slightly browned.
- While the chicken is finishing up, set noodles aside and add a teaspoon or so of avocado oil or coconut oil to a pan and sauté carrots and onions on medium heat until soft. Once soft, add garlic and cook until fragrant, then add green onions and blend together with carrots, onions and garlic.
- Add noodles to pan with the cooking veggies and combine.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil to the noodles with veggies and combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 eggs. Pour eggs into pan on top of noodles and mixed with noodles until eggs become firm and distributed throughout noodles.
- Add the chicken to the noodles and combine well.
- Now add the chopped nuts and combine well.
- Remove noodles from pan and serve them up, garnishing with chopped green onions and more nuts if desired and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Voila! Chow mein!