ENCHILADA QUINOA CASSEROLE
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 10 oz enchilada sauce (Whole Foods has GF and nonGMO)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) of green chiles
- 1 can (4-5 oz) of sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup canned organic black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 T organic fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 oz Daiya cheddar shredded (optional)
- 6 oz Daiya mozzarella shredded (optional)
- Cook quinoa (ratio is 1 cup dry in 1.5 cups water).
- Heat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease with coconut oil a square or rectangle glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, olives, black beans, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix in 1/2 cup cheddar and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheeses.
- Spread this mixture into the baking dish and then top with more cheese as desired.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
- Garnish with avocado slices and tomato if desired.
(This photo is not what it looks like, but I didn’t take a photo of it last time we cooked it, so you’re getting this stock photo of a delicious quinoa plate instead!) :)
*Recipe adapted from JanieGarber.com