SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES
- 4 T of olive oil
- 1½ lbs. of shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2/3 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup of onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 T of goat butter or olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 3 zucchini, made into noodles
- To make zucchini noodles, use a mandoline slicer or zucchini noodler. Set noodles aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the shrimp.
- Immediately season shrimp with ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Add 1/3 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- Saute each side for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turn opaque in color.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Into the same skillet the shrimp were in add onions, saute from 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Next add garlic and saute with onions for 30 seconds.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, cover skillet and saute for 5 minutes or until tomatoes start to get somewhat soft and wrinkled looking on the outside.
- Add shrimp back to the pan with 2 T goat butter or olive oil, ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and remaining 1/3 cup of basil. Stir until butter melts.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and then zucchini noodles.
- Saute for approx. 5 minutes, and remove.
- Add noodles to the shrimp mixture, toss to coat and serve!