This is a delicious dish! It would be great to add pineapple, bell peppers, or any other veggie you like.
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets (I use the pre-cut, frozen florets… less mess!)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch
- 3-4 cups steamed rice, for serving
- thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- ¼ cup ketchup (no sugar added)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch + 2 tablespoon cold water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet. Combine cauliflower and coconut oil in a large ziplock bag. Seal and shake to coat cauliflower in the oil. Open the bag, add tapioca starch, seal bag and toss to coat again.
- Transfer coated cauliflower to greased pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes until cauliflower starts to brown on the bottoms. Switch oven to broil and cook on high for 3-4 minutes just until tops start to brown. (Watch carefully so the cauliflower doesn’t burn.)
- While cauliflower is cooking, prepare the sauce: Add maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, tamari sauce, garlic powder, onion salt, and ketchup to a medium sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil. In a small bowl whisk together the 1 tablespoon tapioca starch and cold water until dissolved. Add to sauce pan and stir until thickened, then reduce to low heat.
- In a large heat-safe bowl combine roasted cauliflower and sauce. Serve with steamed rice and top with sliced green onions.
Recipe adapted from lecremedelacrumb.com.