This is beautiful and delicious! I made it last year for Easter, and it will make an appearance this year as well. Super clean. Super simple. Super yummy. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup soft Medjool dates
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 5 hours, overnight is best
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey (or maple syrup is great, too!)
- 1 cup raspberries (thaw completely if using frozen)
- For crust, place pecans and walnuts with dates in a food processor. Add sea salt and pulse to chop until they are to your desired fineness. Test the crust by spooning out a small amount of mixture and rolling it in your hands. If the ingredients hold together, your crust is perfect.
- Scoop out crust mixture in a 7” spring-form pan and press firmly. The edges should be well packed and the base should be even throughout. Rinse food processor well so you can use for next steps.
- For the filling, take a small saucepan and warm coconut oil and honey on low heat until liquid. Whisk to combine.
- In your food processor (or Vita-Mix or powerful blender), place all of the filling ingredients (except raspberries) and blend on high until very smooth.
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture out onto the crust in the spring form pan and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Add the raspberries to the remaining 1/3 of the filling in the food processor and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour raspberry mixture onto the first layer of filling in the spring form pan.
- Place in freezer until solid.
- To serve, remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to eating. Run a smooth, sharp knife under hot water and cut into slices. Store leftovers in the freezer.