Easter is nearly upon us and I’m excited to have ham with all the fixins! We’ll be hosting a virtual Easter this year because we’re sheltering in place due to the #coronavirus. But that won’t stop us from making a bunch of yummy food that we’ll eat on for days! Here’s the honey glazed ham I’ll be making for the special day.
- 1 fully cooked, sliced ham (I got a 2-lb Simple Truth Ham from Kroger for my hubs and me)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 2 T dijon mustard
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- A pinch of nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves + smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Place ham on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. If you don’t have a roasting rack or a roasting pan, simply put in a pie tin or pie dish, or in a baking dish.
- Cover ham with foil and bake until warmed throughout (time depends on size, so read directions on ham packaging).
- For the glaze, use a small saucepan over low heat and whisk together the maple syrup, honey, mustard, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, onion salt, garlic salt, sage, parsley, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves + smoked paprika. Stir periodically until glaze is reduced by about half.
- In the last 30-40 minutes of the ham cooking, brush glaze on ham every 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter, cut and enjoy!