We tried this simple (like, super simple!) meal while on a mini-vacation this weekend and it’s dee-lish-usss!!! Tasty alfredo noodles and yummy caesar salad. It was like real Italiano! Plus, it’s dairy free, gluten free, sugar free and guilt free. ;) The hubz raved about it, which is always a win for me!
- 8 oz gluten-free brown rice pasta or red lentil pasta (we used red lentil pasta)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Place all ingredients in a pot.
Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Stir every 2-3 minutes, to keep the noodles from sticking to each other.
Remove from stove once al dente (after 12-15 minutes of cooking).
Eat. It. Up.
Recipe adapted from yurielkaim.com.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 pieces gluten free bread
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T Italian spice
- 2 Romaine lettuce heads
- Start by setting oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread into cubes and put on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle the bread with 1 T of olive oil and 1 T of Italian spices.
- Bake bread for 7-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender.
- Wash and chop Romaine lettuce.
- Pour dressing over romaine and mix. Top with croutons and serve. (Optional: add 1 T of grated goat cheese.)